Thursday, June 25, 2015

I'll miss David's bread in the lab tomorrow but it's ok because I'm traveling with Gopi and Paul to Lehigh University to use the Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM). I'm super excited because their TEM has incredible imaging capabilities with atomic resolution. 

I have been very productive this week, spending long hours in the cleanroom spin coating, developing, and etching Silicon wafers. Once the wafers are etched and membranes created, holes can be drilled and WS2 flakes transferred onto the holes. Nanopores can then be drilled on the suspended membranes. At the end of last week, I was trained on the plasma/ion etcher and have incorporated use of this machinery into this week's lab research.


I attended a group REU cookie and milk social yesterday and the weekly lecture today which was on an organic chemistry topic. For my REU program, I will be presenting a mid-way update next Wednesday on my research. I am working on creating graphics and flowcharts to include in my presentation. Here is my title slide: 


.
At the IHouse, I have been making meals with Jenna and Michelle. Last night we cooked together and watched the Disney movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Friday fun and a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment